Tuesday 29 March 2011

More Digging

While Husband digs over both Vegetable plots, I start digging elsewhere. A project which had been planned for the autumn, but never happened thanks to the weather. With the forecast predicting a breakdown in the current dry spell for tomorrow, I was keen to get this job well on the way before that happened.
So having planted one lot of broad beans (the others are in the cold frame getting a head start as they are going into a colder bed) and two varieties of parsnip; Husband helped me with the digging in the later stages. Ferrying soil away as I battled with rather large stones to try to get below the 3 feet deep target. Once that deep, it was time to do battle with the liner....

Once in place all that remained for today was to fill with water and leave it to settle for a day or two.

Now it can rain!

1 comment:

  1. I am ~so~ behind ..... what a splendid puddle! Funnily enough - we've been laying out hosepipe today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking and if you would like to leave a message please be aware that it will come to me for moderation before it is published