Thursday 1 April 2010

A Friend In Need

We had a phone call on Monday evening from our friends North of the Border http://cumbrianretreat.blogspot.com/2010/02/north-of-border.html

Richard's flock of 900 ewes have just started lambing, and there has been a mix up of dates with the Night Man. They thought he was starting on Monday, he thinks he starts on Thursday, and he's working elsewhere till then. Does Mrs B fancy a couple of nights lambing????

I've never worked nights. I love working with Sheep and I know Richard wouldn't have phoned unless he was absolutely desperate. So plans for curtains go on hold (again!) and off I go, in the worst March weather imaginable, to spend 12 hours a night in the middle of nowhere with 900 ewes, quite a few lambs and a 17 year old student to help me!

My home for the next two nights would be sheep pens - with a very smart (?) caravan to warm up in should there be a lull in the proceedings.

And this is what it was all about.


Now I'm off to bed to count sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking and if you would like to leave a message please be aware that it will come to me for moderation before it is published