Monday 19 April 2010

The Early Bird Catches the Worm

We are both suffering with colds at the moment. Husband isn't sleeping well, I sleep like a log and then wake early coughing and spluttering. Not a good combination.
To spare Husband the delight of listening to me, and to allow him to get a bit of sleep, I have taken to getting up a little earlier than normal. Wildlife O'Clock it would seem.
This morning I was treated to the usual display of countless Goldfinches, Siskin, Chaffinch etc. But sitting quietly (yes I can do it)I also had a visit from one of the many local Great Spotted Woodpecker





As well as a Hare scurrying past in the field (look through the Bamboo)


Later in the morning, we had another visit from a Linnet. In fact we had two males in the garden together.


Oh and we have some new Neighbours....


They seem to be eyeing up the veggie plot!
And then this evening - a visit from the Partridge Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking and if you would like to leave a message please be aware that it will come to me for moderation before it is published