Friday 23 September 2016

Going Solo in Bannerdale

I wouldn't normally take the camera on a solo dog walk, but this morning was so beautiful I couldn't help myself. Husband is off golfing and Breeze and I decide to pop over to Bannerdale. I had it in mind I would like to see if anything has been done to replace Mousethwaite bridge which got washed away in last December's floods



In many places the path got completely washed away last December, here it just manages to hang on



Erosion doesn't bother Breeze

Grey Wagtail
I had covered about 5 miles by the time I got back to the car (Breeze will have done approx 50), the answer to my question was that the bridge has yet to be replaced!
I saw very few people but I did have one of 'those' moments...... I met a couple who were clearly looking for a path. When I asked if they were lost, I was told that 'Wainwright says there is a route up the Eastern Ridge but the bracken is hiding it'. I pointed out the path they were looking for and how to get to it from where we were and bid them good day. I heard him mutter as I walked away and when I glanced back a little while later, saw them traversing up a pathless rocky face, nowhere near where they needed to be, getting nowhere fast. obviously a woman with no backpack, jeans and a t shirt walking their dog is not to be believed when you're on a Wainwright mission! Perhaps next time he might take a bit more notice of the locals! DH I thought of you at this point!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking and if you would like to leave a message please be aware that it will come to me for moderation before it is published