Wednesday 11 October 2017

Wet as Wet Up Bowscale

It's a tad wet round these parts today. Not put off by a bit of watter I decide to get togged up and head up Mosedale for a blast with Breeze. We have an important appointment tomorrow which means leaving fairly early and not knowing what time we'll be back. Aunty Sarah will attend to Breeze's needs for us but it's nice to know she's tired on days like that!

Anyway, I set out with good intentions, only to be thwarted when I got to the Old Bridge at Mosedale - the road was flooded. So quick change of plan, I headed up the lonning at Bowscale instead.
Looking down into Mosedale - that's where I was headed!


The track was a river today



Leaving the tarn



Looking back - all that water isn't normally there


There is a road down there - that I had intended to drive along. If you look closely you can see a cyclist who is contemplating making the crossing - they didn't!
A classic case of getting out whatever the weather. A couple of hours of solitude - just me and the dog (it would have been even better if Husband had been with us but he had other things to do this afternoon).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking and if you would like to leave a message please be aware that it will come to me for moderation before it is published