Monday 21 September 2015

Hamilton Park

It's not often we go racing, and even more rare that I take any photos, but we had a trip up to Hamilton Park today to watch one of Jame's horses run. It was a beautiful day and it's a beautiful course, so I felt compelled to get my phone out!

Our friend and Trainer Barry had a runner in an earlier race, Richie leads up in the paddock. You might guess he spotted me with the camera by the big cheesy grin!

And their off

Barry's horse ran to a very creditable third

Barry and Richie in the winners enclosure

Now it's  Rosie's turn. Bred by James, ridden by me (on many occasions but definitely not today!!). Rosie is still learning the ropes so is here for the experience today

Ridden by Fergal Lynch today
If you fancy experiencing flat racing, we can highly recommend Hamilton Park. Excellent Owner's and Trainer's lunch and facilities and a really lovely spot. Just a shame it's so close to Glasgow!