Thursday 31 December 2009

Wildlife in December

OK, I promised myself I would do this, I only hope I manage to keep it up in the future. This sort of thing isn't my strong point!

Nuthatch - the first visitor to our feeders, what a treat.
Blue tits
Coal tits
Great tits
Chaffinches
Greenfinches
Goldfinches
Blackbirds
Brambling (female)
Bullfinch (pair) infrequent, but very welcome visitors
Great spotted woodpecker (pair) only seen them once so far
Dunnock
Robins
Wrens (pair)
French Partridge
Collared dove (pair) - occasional and not our favourites
Starlings - as above.

Other wildlife:
Brown rat! One dead so far, trap still set!
Red squirrels in the village, although we haven't seen any in the garden to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking and if you would like to leave a message please be aware that it will come to me for moderation before it is published